Safety Training Awards Recognition
Participate in the STAR Program and earn chances to win awards.
In regards to a challenging 2010, we have combined the STAR Program for 2010 and 2011.
• Point adjustments now provide for all trades to meet the platinum level.
• There are only 3 mandatory courses: WHMIS, Fall Protection, CPR/1st Aid.
• We will recognize training our members take from other approved training centres and employers.
Follow these simple rules and win!!
1. Be a journeyperson in good standing.
2. Provide proof of (APPROVED TRAINING)* you have successfully completed in 2010/2011.
3. Tickets/Certificates must expire after December 31, 2011.
4. Tickets/Certificates must be renewed when regulations require or after three years, whichever is shorter.
* (APPROVED TRAINING) is any of the courses listed in the 2010/2011 STAR Program and delivered by a Union recognized Training Centre OR Employer. Ask your Union Representative for the Training Delivery Agents in your area that qualify.
5. Prizes will be awarded on the following basis:
• Bronze Level: three (3) mandatory courses + three (3) points.
• Silver Level: Bronze Level + ten (10) points.
• Gold Level: Bronze Level + eighteen (18) points.
• Platinum Level: Bronze Level + twenty-two (22) points.
**** Click here to see the course list for available courses and point values ****