L.1671 Bronze Winners for 2011 - Congratulations!
Safety Training Awards Recognition Program
Safety and training is an important factor for any job for all employees.IUPAT strives to provide the best safety and training programs possible for member participation in all trades. In order to make sure you are prepared to perform your job to the best of your ability, IUPAT has now combined the Safety Training Awards Recognition (STAR) program for 2011 and 2012. Adjustments to the program include:
L.557 Star Winners - Congratulations!
- Point adjustments now provide for all trades to meet the platinum level.
- There are only three (3) mandatory courses: WHMIS, Fall Protection & CPR/First Aid
- Training that members have taken from other training centres and employees will now also be recognized.
Learn more about safety and training courses and the points you can earn toward awards now.
Follow these simple rules and win!
- Be a journey person in good standing.
- Provide proof of approved training* you have successfully completed in 2011/2012.
- Tickets/Certificates must expire after December 31, 2012.
- Tickets/Certificates must be renewed when regulations require or after three years, whichever is shorter.
* Approved training includes any of the safety and training courses listed in the 2011/2012 STAR Program and are delivered by a Union recognized Training Centre or employer. Be sure to consult your Union Representative for the Training Delivery Agents in your area that qualify.
STAR Award Levels
L.1494 Star Winners - Congratulations!
|Bronze|| Three (3) mandatory courses and three (3) points|
|Silver|| Bronze level and ten (10) points|
|Gold|| Bronze level and eighteen (18) points|
|Platinum|| Bronze level and twenty-two (22) points|
Review the safety and training courses available to help you reach your awards goal.
A letter was sent in August 2008 to every IUPAT member in every trade in Ontario to specifically notify the membership of their obligation to be trained in all of the mandatory health & safety programs necessary (WHMIS/ fall protection) before they begin work with our contractors. Many members continue to expect referrals to job sites without being trained and are questioning why their name was skipped on the Out-of-Work List when contractors need workers. It cannot be stressed enough that, all members must have the required training. Language was negotiated into the collective bargaining agreements in 2007 for this purpose. The letter is once again being repeated for the benefit of those members that did not receive the letter. Click here to read the letter
| Health and Safety Courses - Toronto|
|WHMIS||Mon,Wed,Fri -7:00am-11:00 am |
|Fall Protection||Mon,Wed,Fri -11:00am- 2:00pm|
|Asbestos Abatement Worker||Minimum # participants required - 8:00am - 4:00pm (2 days)|
|Asbestos Abatement Supervisor||Minimum # participants required - 8:00am - 4:00pm (1 days)|
|Propane Construction||Tuesday - 7:00am|
|Confined Space Awareness||Minimum # participants required|
|PEWPs||Tuesday - 11:00am|
|Suspended Access Equipment||Minimum # participants required|
|First Aid Training (Fee)||Contractors Request - Minimum # participants required|
|Basic of Supervision||Minimum # participants required|
For further information on any of the above courses you can contact the IFSTC at:
60 Sharer Road
Woodbridge, Ontario L4L 8P4
There are no dates and times for the IFSTC new location in Ottawa.
We will be posting the schedule as soon as we receive it!