Education & Training
Why Does Education and Training Mean So Much to Our Union?
We all know that keeping on top of the latest industry trends enables us to perform our jobs better, which often results in presentation of new opportunities. Additionally, attending union education, training and leadership programs keeps us up-to-date on new techniques, products and services, as well as continually moving our careers forward. It’s an essential part of living and working in our society. IUPAT has always supported continuing education for union members and their families, and, in many different ways, including:
- Educating apprentices in the trades our Union represents,
- Education for training in health & safety so our members are safe every day,
- Educating on the job, learning new methods and technologies of our work,
- Educating journey persons to upgrade in our training facilities to be the best,
- Educating our members to understand who and what our Union is about,
- Educating members about the importance of political action,
- Educating the membership about market share and the purpose of organizing,
- Educating our families about the benefits our Union provides, and
- Educating society about the role working people and Unions have in everyday life
As proud union members, it’s our responsibility to be the best we can be…and that begins with education and training programs.
Union and Labour Leadership Education
The IUPAT believes in educating our members in areas of leadership. General President Williams will be introducing new programs for potential young leaders that he has branded as the “Young Lions” of our Union. You can read more about TEAM, due to be introduced in Fall 2011, in our Winter newsletter.
Labour Education Centre offers programs for interested members. Go to http://www.laboureducation.org/ for more information